Electronic instrumentation design facilities
Development platform – 1
Type: virtual instrumentation
Make: national instruments corporation, USA.
Environment: lab VIEW 7.1 Full development system windows 2000/NT/XP.
Data acquisition: NI PCI 6014
Multifunction16 channel DAQ with 16-bit reduction Frequency: up to 200 KS/S, 2-analog outputs (10 KS/S)
Development platform – 2
Type: microcontroller based.
Make: microchip (PCI), USA.
Environment: MPLAB IDE.
Development boards: 1. PIC EDM2 plus
2. ds PIC DEM 1.1
Tools: ICD 2, PICSTART PLUS, CCSCC-COMPLILER for PIC series
Other equipment: 1. Digital storage oscilloscope TDS 1002
2. Pulse oximeter BPL Endura OM 5609
Development platform – 3
1. Biomedical signal acquisition and analysis tool
2. Presently ECG and PPG modulus are there
3. ECG and PPG signals can be simultaneously acquiesced and analysed using this tool.
Research in electronics laboratory
1. PPG sensor is indigenously developed
2. Studies on PPG signal is carried out for its use in heart rate variability analysis instead of using ECG signal
3. A new heart rate variability analysis technique is developed for screening congestive heart failure patients
4. A versatile algorithm for detection of peaks in PPG signal is developed.