I. Completed R & D and Consultancy schemes:
1. Advanced Optical Transducer for Industrial Measurements (AICTE, New Delhi, Rs. 6.0 lakhs, F.No.8017/RDII/BOR/95/RELEO/76/ REC307, 1996-99)
2. Holocoupler for Optical circuits – Development of DCG Technology. (DST, New Delhi, Rs. 14.45 lakhs, No.SP/S2/L-04/93, 1994-98)
3. Modernization and Removal of Obsolescence of Physics Labs (MHRD, New Delhi, Rs.5.0 lakhs, No.F.3-1/91 TD IV dt. 27-2-92 and Rs. 5.0 lakhs, No.F.No.801-1/RD II/MOD/94/112 dt. 24-1-95,Rs.2.0 lakhs,1999)
4. A Centre of Excellence in the area of “Development of Lasers and their Industrial and Technological Applications” in the Emerging Area of Laser Technology. (MHRD, New Delhi, Rs. 8.0 lakhs, No.F.2-5/88-T7 dt.19-12-88)
5. Acoustical Holography and Image processing (DST, New Delhi, Rs. 17.47 lakhs, No.24, IP-27/83-stp-II, 1984-88)
6. Ultrasonic Holography for Medical Diagnostics and NDT. (DOE, Electronics Commission-IPAG, New Delhi, Rs.4.70 lakhs, No. 2(46)/ 179-TDID-22215, 1980-83
7. Design and fabrication of Optical Data processing System and Analysis of Air born and Ground Magnetic data (CSIR, New Delhi, Rs. 0.84 lakhs, No. 8(18)/79/EMR – 110, 1979-82)
8. Holographic and Speckle Interferometric Studies on Pressure Vessels and other Structural Members. (DRDL, Hyderabad / AR&DB, New Delhi, Rs. 1.084 lakhs, No. AERO/RD/ 134/ 100/ 0/99-80/ 240, 1980-81)
9. Design of Profile Projector (NIL, Calcutta, Rs. 0.90 lakhs, No.RECW/ICC/77/11634, 1977-79)
10. Stress Analysis of Diaphragms using Holographic interferometry (BHEL- R & D Unit, Hyderabad, Rs. 0.62 lakhs, No. A14102-6, 1977)
11. Development of Automatic Lens Design Package for Photography Systems (UGC, New Delhi, Rs. 0.426 lakhs, No. F-23-3-751SR, dt.8-3-75)
12. Design and development of Holographic setup. (BEL, Machilipatnam, Rs. 0.10 lakhs, 1998)
13. Design and development of Nitrogen laser for Dye laser studies. (REC, Warangal, Research grants, Rs. 0.50 lakhs, 1985)
14. Emerging areas – Laser Technology (Maintenance grants in 4 phases) (MHRD, New Delhi, Rs. 1.0 lakh, No.F.16-1/91 TD VI dt. 18-3-92; Rs. 2.0 lakhs. No.F.16-1/92-TD VI dt. 13-3-1993; Rs.2.0lakhs,No.F.2-1/93 TD VI dt. 24-3-94; Rs. 0.65 lakhs, F.No. 838-2/RDII/MHRD (MG)/94 dt. 27-3-1995)
15. Development of fiber optic intensity sensor for Engg. Measurements. (REC, Warangal, Rs. 0.30 lakhs, 1997-98)
16. Specialized equipment and lab. Development – Centers of Excellence. (REC, Warangal, Rs. 6.00 lakhs, 1998)
17. Modernization of UG & PG laboratories of physics (MHRD, New Delhi, Rs. 12 lakhs, 2003)
18. Center for Photonics(MHRD, New Delhi, Rs.19.00 lakhs,F.28-34/2003-TS.V dt. 16-12-2003)
19. Fiber Bragg Grating Sensor for Engineering Measurements. (MIT, New Delhi, Rs. 12.57 lakhs, No.12(1)/2003 – CMPD Dt. 8-1-2004)20. Received equipment gift worth Rs. 26.35 lakhs in 2006 from Agilent Technologies, USA, under „Equipment program for the University teaching laboratory‟.
II. Ongoing R&d and Consultancy Projects:
1. Advanced Fiber Optic Sensor System for Multiparameter Sensing. (MHRD , New Delhi, Rs. 12 lakhs, F.27 – 1/2004 – TS.V dt. 31-3-2005)
2. Development of Holographic Optical Element for Holographic Weapon Sight (HWS) (BEL, Machilipatnam, Rs. 6.63 lakhs, 380/56/HWS dt.20- 04- 2005)
III. Other Research & Developmental Activities:
In the Department of Physics, Advanced Holographic, Speckle Interferometric and ESPI facilities for real time NDT were created. Using these facilities, the following projects were completed:
a) Three dimensional displacement analyses of materials for Aircraft body construction, NAL, Bangalore.
b) Evaluation of aluminum beams of different cross sections.
c) Stress analysis of Lathe bed modal, HMT, Hyderabad.
d) Stress analysis of Missile fuel tank (biggest object ever tested in India by Holographic NDT), DRDL, Hyderabad.
e) Functional evaluation of Diaphragms in turbines, BHEL (R&D), Hyderabad
A pulsed Nitrogen laser pump source was designed and constructed to develop the dye laser systems for wavelength tuning and to study the laser action in indigenously synthesized dyes.
Czerny-Turner type monochromator with sine bar mechanism for grating mount was designed and developed in the dept.Developed Optical fiber sensors for sensing strain, temperature, displacements, and fiber optic lathe tool dynamometer, etc. under UG/PG project works & R&D projects.